James Winbush, MD
“I wanted to be a doctor since I was in grade school”
A native of Anderson, SC, Dr. James Winbush brought his childhood dream of becoming a doctor to fruition. He attended undergraduate school at the University of South Carolina while enlisted in the Army Reserves. There, he served as as a field medic and gained valuable hands-on experience in medicine. He continued his medical education at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), graduating in 1998. He received his training in Internal Medicine at New York’s prestigious Mount Sinai Hospital. In 2009 Dr. Winbush, went on to complete fellowships in Pain Medicine & Palliative Medicine at New York City’s Metropolitan Hospital. He further honed his skills by practicing his specialties at various practices, facilities and hospitals throughout New York State. Moreover, he served as the Medical Director for A.RE.B.A. CASRIEL, also known as ACI, a premier substance abuse treatment center in New York City that serves over 3000 patients a year in its inpatient facility and over 1000 people in its outpatient services.
Board Certified in: Internal Medicine, Pain Medicine, Palliative Medicine and Addiction Medicine.
- Medical School: Medical University of South Carolina
- Board-Certified: American Board of Internal Medicine |American Board Pain Medicine | American Board of Palliative Medicine | American Board of Addiction Medicine
- Residency: Mount Sinai School of Medicine at New York, NY
- Fellowship: Metropolitan Hospital at New York, NY (Pain Medicine & Palliative Medicine
- Former Medical Director: A.R.E.B.A. Casriel, New York, NY